Furies was started in June of 2012 when local artist Liz Kelly Zook got fed up with the “art scene” in the middle Tennessee area. She decided to create a place to promote and support other artists. With the help of a few writers (Kenneth Zook and Nichole McVeigh) Furies took off. Soon the blog expanded to include national and international creatives as well.
What started as one artist’s frustration soon became a community-driven blog full of creatives that had the desire to help and support other creatives!
- a three part series on body painting,
- zombie lawn gnomes,
- the Nashville Roller Girls,
- an awesome wallpaper company,
- Maximo Riera’s Animal Chair Collection,
- and Exploding Tattoo – a collaborated traveling exhibition.